CSB Bank has strong base in Kerala with significant presence in Tamil Nadu with 272 branches located in Kerala and 56 branches located in Tamil Nadu constituting 85.27% of their total branch network.
CSB has four principal business areas, namely, SME Banking, Retail Banking, Wholesale Banking and Treasury operations.
IPO consists of two parts fresh issue and offer of Sale, while Fresh issue is of Rs. 24 Crore only the offer for sale of Rs. 385.71 Cr. with price Band of Rs. 193-195 per equity share.
The Market Cap at current issue price stood at Rs. 3348-3382 Cr.
Fairfax India through FIH Mauritius Investments Ltd (FIHM) received approval from RBI to acquire 51 percent stake in CSB Bank which is unique and first of its type with capital infusion of Rs 1,207.68 Cr. to restructure the bank
The bank received Rs 720.75 crore in fiscal 2019 and the balance amount of Rs 486.93 crore in the second quarter of fiscal 2020, which make it well capitalized.
Currently, FIHM holds 50.09 % of the paid-up equity share capital of the bank.
- Strong channel network and trusted brand in South India.
- Strong capital base post FIHMs investment in bank.
- Well established SME business.
- Retail driven strong gold loan portfolio with 34% growth in gold loan book in FY19 vs FY18.
- Streamlined risk management controls, policies and procedures.
- Professional and experienced management
- Accelerated transformation.
- Special Focus on SME, Agri and retail customers.
- Strong Deposit Base.
- Diversified distribution infrastructure.
- Investment in technology to improve operational efficiency and customer experience.
- Risk Management
- Special focus on NPA recovery and asset quality improvement.